Home Watch Services
Our home watch inspections provide peace of mind through scheduled inspections at your vacant property while you are away. The National Home Watch Association describes a Home Watch inspection as “a visual inspection of a home or property looking for obvious issues.” During the inspections, we are looking at the overall condition of the home for various problems, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and other items that could become major expenses if not found early. Our goal is to find obvious leaks, pests or mold before they grow old! Potentially, one adverse event could pay for years of Assured Home Watch inspections! Potentially, one adverse event could pay for years of Assured Home Watch inspections!
Although our home watch checklist is designed to cover the important aspects of your home, it can easily be customized to meet the needs of our clients. We strive to bring flexibility to our scheduling and home inspections. If there is a need for us to inspect your home at a certain time, on a certain day; we will do everything in our power to meet that need. Again, our future depends on your satisfaction.
Should the walk through uncover a problem, Assured Home Watch will immediately notify our client to discuss options to address the concern. If it is within our scope of practice, we will gladly work with our client to resolve the issue. We can also provide a wide variety of qualified trades people to assist the homeowner. The homeowner can then instruct Assured Home Watch on how they would like to proceed.
Assured Certified Home Watch inspectors add security to your vacant home by creating the illusion of occupancy. We remove junk mail, flyers and other debris from your yard that indicate to the criminal element, “this home is vacant!”. We are fully accredited, insured, bonded, and certified home watch inspectors. Our services can be modified to meet your needs and we offer frequent communication providing clients with peace of mind…Rest Assured!
- Exterior visual checks looking for obvious issues from the roof down to include screens, landscaping, lawn, pests, pool, AC unit, outdoor kitchens and other outdoor appliances.
- Check pool water level and pool equipment for obvious leaks.
- Remove mail, newspapers, flyers, and other vacant home identifiers.
- “Gingerly” turn water on.
- Temporarily disarm security system for home watch inspection.
- Utilize technology tools to assess the homes temperature and relative humidity.
- Visual checks for obvious signs of mildew, mold, and water damage; the number one threat to vacant home owners.
- Check security of all doors and windows either physically or visually if unable to access.
- Cycle sink & shower water, flush n brush toilets, and check garbage disposal.
- Insure that electric water heater is turned off at the breaker box, gas water heaters are in pilot mode, and circulator pumps are off.
- Visually inspect for signs of rodents/insect infestations.
- Check closets, pantries, and cabinets.
- Check appliances, refrigerator, freezers for proper temperatures/operations.
- Check garage, garage doors, and garbage cans.
- All checks preformed in a passive mode.
- Lock the door and arm security system if appropriate.
- Turn the water supply off.
- Complete GPS electronic QRIDit home watch report and follow up with owner for any abnormal findings.
Electronic Reports – Assured Home Watch utilizes QRIDit home watch electronic reporting. QRIDit provides detailed Home Watch Inspection report time, date, and GPS location so you know when we were at your property. From our website you will be able to securely login and view the home watch report for your home at your convenience. You will also be able save your reports in a PDF format for easy printing.